Giveway Essay

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Giveway Essay

Post  JohnsonTea on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:28 pm

I will be giving away Minecraft, all you got to do is to write why you want it. The contest will end when 1.3 hits AITM SMP.
Good luck to you all. If you have any questions, you can always ask by replying to this post~
Suggestions on what to add to your submission:
How did you find aitm, what do you think of the players, how would you feel of getting smp!!! etc etc etc!

Random number (1,50) : 5

Last edited by JohnsonTea on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : kewl commands)

<((CACTI CRAYON(()
<((PIKACHU CRAYON(()
<((RAICHU CRAYON(()

<((GRANDMASTER CRAYON(()
JohnsonTea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giveway Essay

Post  Ericrb on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:00 pm

I will gift a code to the 2nd winner.
Ericrb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaynyboy on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:00 pm

I have nothing to do with the essay. Just a question. John, approximately how much money have you spent on buying Minecraft altogether?
Must be a ton :o
Zaynyboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikewater on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Zaynyboy wrote:I have nothing to do with the essay. Just a question. John, approximately how much money have you spent on buying Minecraft altogether?
Must be a ton Surprised

well john makes about... idk maybe 200 dollars each month? maybe 100 well around there
mikewater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zolifar on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Zolifar: A Tale of Life and the Wasting of It

As a young Seedling, life was hard for Zolifar Marktof TreeMan. Being a royal, friends were few and far between. The few that did want to associate with him did so only for their own gain. His father, King TreeMan, was far too busy with matters of state and politics to raise him. Zolifar’s mother had died in childbirth. The upbringing of Zolifar was not one of unconditional love; the rough hands of tired housemaids showed no compassion. Note that Zolifar’s upbringing was not the only cause of his lack of friendship; he was as spoiled and arrogant as a prince can be.

To cope, young Zolifar spent most of his time among the court magi and alchemists. While there was no parenting from the scholars, there was teaching. The educated men and women delighted in passing on their knowledge, and Zolifar was a more than eager student. Zolifar proved to have a scholar’s mind; he quickly understood complex incantations and formulae.

Upon reaching the age-mark of Sapling, Zolifar had gained a reputation as a prodigy. While most Seedlings’ task for passage to Sapling was to engage in mock-combat, Zolifar chose to demonstrate his mastery of the Imperial Druid’s magic. The judges’ reaction was at first one of surprise, then of awe. A mere Seedling had mastered magic that an Ent, even an Ent Lord, would need to spend years studying.

Years passed and faded, as did Zolifar’s interests. Zolifar had grown bored of the physical world; mastering all forms of magic in Sylvannia can tend to make other tasks boring. Zolifar was in the age-mark of Unknown; the age-mark that was in between a man and a child. An official name had not been given to this age-mark, but unofficially many called this span of time The Treenage Years. While Zolifar’s age-mark was still young, his skill-mark was at the level of Ancient. Few would achieve the skill-mark of Ancient in a century, and those that did were considered to be the strongest and wisest of magi in Sylvannia. Never before had a young Treenager come close to this skill-mark, but to even reach that rank while so young had never been dreamed of.

As you might imagine, achieving so much while so young leaves little for the latter years. Zolifar began his new life in The Net. The Net, called Leynet by some, was tapping into the web-like leylines that were the roots of Yggdrassil, The World Tree. If many people connected into those leylines, web-like, colossal, and vast in number as they were, a form of communication could be established.

Soon, Rootmancers appeared. Rootmancers could control these leylines and add modify the fibers within, or add accessories to the outsides of these leylines. One Rootmancer was known as Notch, for he had a notch on his bark for every time he had succeeded in life. Seeing as there was only one notch (it spanned his entire back though) , he was given the name Notch. Notch had invented a “game” (as they were being called) that was available through TreeC’s. TreeC’s being one of the Rootmancers’ greatest hits, they were devices that allowed for sight in the leyline/digital world. The full name was TreeComputer. Seeing as sight in leylines was fabricated, it could be altered in any number of ways. Users of games on TreeC’s were called Leyers, named after their leyline connections.

To the point, the Ent known as Notch had made a game he called Minecraft. The inspiration had come from games made by other Rootmancers, but many could see this as a more or less original concept. The game classified as Trindie, but became a massive hit. Zolifar was intrigued by this game, and discovered that there was a heavily downgraded but heavily moddable version of the game, called Classic Mode.

There was a rather extensive list of Lervers hosting multileyer Classic games. Lervers are leyline lobbies/multilayer rooms that involved one large leyline taking signals from other leylines, all across Sylvannia. Those signals were the transmitted digital Leyers going to the large Lerver.

Zolifar, a lover of puns, was attracted to one Lerver in the Lerver-Leyst in particular; a Lerver called ALL IN THE MINED. ALL IN THE MINED appeared to have an active and fun Leyerbase and Leymunity. Zolifar spent much time there, befriending the local Leyers and experimenting with building (one of the main points of Minecraft, a sandbox game). Zolifar was not fond of every Leyer though; some made sport of destroying others’ buildings. There was no fear of this beings deemed “griefers” though; Leyderators patrolled the multiple worlds of the Lerver and made quick work of the griefers. Zolifar admired these Leyderators, and decided that his goal would be to become one.

Time again passed, as it tends to do. Zolifar had achieved his goal of becoming a Leyderator on ALL IN THE MINED, and spent much time on the happy Lerver. Though, as with all things that long amounts of time are spent doing, Classic became boring. Zolifar no longer looked forward to Leyderatoring, it became a chore. Yet there was hope in the form Minecraft’s Treemium version. ALL IN THE MINED had saved up their Leypoints (money, in the Leynet), and gotten a Lerver for the Treemium version. Zolifar knew that he would regain his interest in Minecraft should he play Treemium; stories told of it being almost a different game.

One would think that acquiring Treemium would be easy for a prince like Zolifar, but it would not be so. Zolifar had never depended on his uncaring father for anything, and he wasn’t about to cave-in now for Leypoints. Nothing would have happened if he did anyways; old royalty like King TreeMan tended to be suspicious of the Leynet and hated to put any money into Leypoints (lest a Tracker tracked their LeyditCard). The problem was, Zolifar had no money but the his father’s. This was a most perplexing problem as Troyalty were not allowed to work for money, since their clamed to the Throne of Sylvannia should have sufficient money.

Zolifar was reduced to participating in free contests, relying on the his skills and the charity of Pokemon. Zolifar knew he would win someday, yet that time has still not come.

Note: This is a work of fiction and has no relation to the physical world. Character personalities and traits are not inspired by or adapted from anyone.

Zolifar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogger409 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Oho~
I love this short story. Very original ;D It strikes me as something Dr_Treeman would write about.. Regardless of whether or not Zolifar is actually Dr_Treeman, this is a good story.
+1 >:3
Frogger409

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltzahl on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:30 am

I've decided to do this in a "Q and A" format to the questions you asked.

How did you find AITM?: Well I joined this one server that quite hectic there was tons of people and no "personal" aspect to it at all, so I left.
Then scrolling through other servers I happened across one with a rather witty name called "All in the mined" I thought to myself "Only 3 people online its a American server and its name is funny...I'll check it out." .
And so I joined, fell down to the underground area in main and thought "Well I think I'mma build a floating house here." and started pillaring, then Lighting_Po froze me and asked "And what are you doing?" I replied "Building a floating house." Light then said "Ok." and unfroze me.
From then on I started meeting other staff members, MasterOnion helped walk me through getting WoM, and by then I decided that this was going to be my favorite server.

What do you think of the players?: To be honest your all putrid little worms......JUST KIDDING y'all are some of the coolest people I've met in online gaming.

What do think about getting SMP?: I'd love to have it, mostly because there are people that only play it now (like Demonic) and I'd like to see them again.

Why do you think you should get it?: Honesty I don't know.....but some people have been harassing me to get it lately so I thought I'd give this a shot.
Voltzahl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fire_crafter100 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Well your probably wondering hey why am I entering the essay giveaway? I already have the game well, I want to win this for a friend a really good friend Smile I want to give him this gift code for his birthday cause thats all I can think of for a birthday present at the moment and he doesn't have a full minecraft account. I've known this friend since grade 2 we've been friends for a long long time. Your probably wondering why does he need full minecraft well me and my other friends usually play minecraft together and download cool texture packs and play all together on the server one of my friends made, we pvp together all the time, build, play with mobs, scare the heck outta each other with scary skins. Its so much fun! But since my bestist friend that i've known since grade 2 feels really left out and sometimes doesn't even wanna come over anymore and play with us cause he doesn't have the full game thats what we usually play when we all meet together Crying or Very sad He plays on classic servers alot he's no troller, griefer, spammer, hacker etc. He follows the rules on servers fine so if he ever comes on All in the Mined don't worry he will be very friendly and very funny Razz So all I wish is to try and get that gift code for my bestist friend ever. So if you find it in your heats to like this essay or not well I'm just wishing that it gets picked cause he's like a bro to me.

Sincerely Fire_crafter100 Wink
fire_crafter100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicD3 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:08 am

fire_crafter100 wrote:we pvp together all the time

I know this is about the giveaway and all that but I've never seen you PVP.

DemonicD3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaynyboy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:43 am

fire_crafter100 wrote:Well your probably wondering hey why am I entering the essay giveaway? I already have the game well, I want to win this for a friend a really good friend Smile I want to give him this gift code for his birthday cause thats all I can think of for a birthday present at the moment and he doesn't have a full minecraft account. I've known this friend since grade 2 we've been friends for a long long time. Your probably wondering why does he need full minecraft well me and my other friends usually play minecraft together and download cool texture packs and play all together on the server one of my friends made, we pvp together all the time, build, play with mobs, scare the heck outta each other with scary skins. Its so much fun! But since my bestist friend that i've known since grade 2 feels really left out and sometimes doesn't even wanna come over anymore and play with us cause he doesn't have the full game thats what we usually play when we all meet together Crying or Very sad He plays on classic servers alot he's no troller, griefer, spammer, hacker etc. He follows the rules on servers fine so if he ever comes on All in the Mined don't worry he will be very friendly and very funny Razz So all I wish is to try and get that gift code for my bestist friend ever. So if you find it in your heats to like this essay or not well I'm just wishing that it gets picked cause he's like a bro to me.

Sincerely Fire_crafter100 Wink

Why dont you just tell your friend to download the Cracked Edition of Minecraft? Then you can set the online mode to 'false' on your server so he can join.
Zaynyboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLostDarkness on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:45 am

fire_crafter100 wrote:heats

My heat is quite empty.
TheLostDarkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xxMVP_playerxx on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:40 pm

I want Minecraft because I feel that If i'm good, helper and other stuff on Classic, I can help on Full too, that's why I have my ONLY opportunity in this "Giveaway Essay". So, if I get the game I would be VERY HAPPY Very Happy Very Happy, That's why I'm doing this message.Well, This is all the explaining that i can do, I have more stuff to say but I don't know how to explain, That's why this is short.Thanks for seeing this message if you did, and think of it Please. Smile Smile

Last edited by xxMVP_playerxx on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
xxMVP_playerxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Answers of the SUggestions that Johnson told when explaining

Post  xxMVP_playerxx on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:44 pm

How did you find aitm?:

Well, I found aitm when I was in Minecraft.net looking at servers,then I saw This name called "All In The Mined", And I was like "Wow, DIfferent name then others", then I enter.When I saw around the server I was like "This looks so cool" and that's why I keep playing here because is more cooler than other servers.

What do you think of the players?:

Everybody Is cool (except some crazy guys especially novices) and everybody are gently and cool with me.

How would you feel getting SMP?:

I WOULD FEEL AMAZING AND VERY VERY HAPPY ABOUT IT, because SMP is VERY different than Classic and more cooler, and If I get SMP, I would still connect to Classic sometimes.

Thanks for seeing my other message of giveaway and I would lovely know what's your opinion of my messages Surprised Smile Very Happy
xxMVP_playerxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fire_crafter100 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Well Demon I pvp alot with my friends not much on aitm mainly because I can't regenerate items on gamemode like I can on my friends server. Zany my bestis friend probably would want the full game and have a skin.
fire_crafter100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltzahl on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Well Fire and MVP good luck to the two of you!
Voltzahl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xxMVP_playerxx on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:27 pm

KingKnightscareXXII wrote:Well Fire and MVP good luck to the two of you!

I give you luck too... MUAHAHAHA Twisted Evil Twisted Evil :twisted:xD
xxMVP_playerxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fire_crafter100 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Well Volt good luck to you too!------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtQjEB0ONss
fire_crafter100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnsonTea on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:10 am

You can also add more stuff by adding some additional posts ^.^
Note: This may or may not attract the judges that are judging this giveaway!

<((CACTI CRAYON(()
<((PIKACHU CRAYON(()
<((RAICHU CRAYON(()

<((GRANDMASTER CRAYON(()
JohnsonTea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zolifar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:12 am

No love for Zolibro?

Zolifar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xxMVP_playerxx on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:28 am

Zolifar wrote:

No love for Zolibro?

I do give you love Zolifar, may the gods be with you Surprised Surprised
xxMVP_playerxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MZ on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:17 am

I vote for Voltage tho I'm not sure if I can vote or not, whatever. approve
MZ

Location : Vaasa, Finland, Europe, Earth, The milky way, Universe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chocfishryum on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:47 am

My vote goes to Volt ^w^
Chocfishryum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLostDarkness on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:42 am

Volt.
TheLostDarkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ericrb on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:54 am

1.3 Pre-release is already out! There's not much time left.

If you want to re-write your essay, add the new post link in the old one! To get the link, right-click your post title and select copy link address.

Should look like this : http://allinthemined.forum-motion.com/t994-giveway-essay#9675

Good luck!
Ericrb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltzahl on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:37 am

MZ wrote:I vote for Voltage tho I'm not sure if I can vote or not, whatever. approve
Choc wrote:My vote goes to Volt. ^w^
TheLostGerbil....I mean Lostie wrote: Volt.
Thanks guys(and girl), not sure if this is done by voting tho.....Johnson never explained the system.....
Voltzahl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top