Projects and Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Projects and Games

Post  Moufisto on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:31 pm

Alright, it's time for some entertainment.

And when I say entertainment, i mean Racing, Minecraft Memory, Spleef tournaments and all sorts of random crap!

But, we need people to make these things and to participate.
So, here are the ideas for random projects, and if anyone takes them up and decides to construct them either within a team or otherwise alone,
you'll have a map, any dimension you need, to construct the idea.

A. Race track
- different terrains,
- city race tracks
- WoM Client required.
- no cars required to be made, but could do as detail for the project
- ramps/jumps/obstacles

B. Minecraft Memory
- 9/16/25 blocks width/length

C. Spleef Arena
- Old/unoriginal
- Add some spice to it with obstacles, with /zone safespots and different challenges

D. Obstacle course
- self explanatory
- could link to any of the previous ideas

E. Any game you want to present to us.
-This project's my favorite.
avatar
Moufisto


Posts : 920
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 25
Location : Eric's pants.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Frogger409 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Ooo these are some nice ideas, mou. I'm interested in doing C, with challenges etc. Will need some brainstorming time though.
Also, post if you want to help me with this Wink
avatar
Frogger409



Posts : 386
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 20
Location : Wisconsin, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  SirDoom on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Moufisto wrote:Alright, it's time for some entertainment.
A. Race track
- different terrains,
- city race tracks
- WoM Client required.
- no cars required to be made, but could do as detail for the project
- ramps/jumps/obstacles

D. Obstacle course
- self explanatory
- could link to any of the previous ideas

Been thinking of wom racetrack a while now, in style of townsville subway. Without flying tho, and more turns and elevation changes.
As for the obstacle course, I had one underway in cityville, but it was pre-crash. Dunno does the backup have it.

____________________________
Freedom hour of doom
Twelve or twenty two
Signs of life
Doom hour of freedom
Twelve or twenty two
Just signs
avatar
SirDoom


Posts : 588
Join date : 2011-07-18
Location : Stuck here on snakes way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Moufisto on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Frogger409 wrote:Ooo these are some nice ideas, mou. I'm interested in doing C, with challenges etc. Will need some brainstorming time though.
Also, post if you want to help me with this Wink

I just got my realm back, so i'm gonna be working on it quite a bit XD
i'd bet an adept would help Surprised
avatar
Moufisto


Posts : 920
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 25
Location : Eric's pants.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Moufisto on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:54 pm

SirDoom wrote:
Moufisto wrote:Alright, it's time for some entertainment.
A. Race track
- different terrains,
- city race tracks
- WoM Client required.
- no cars required to be made, but could do as detail for the project
- ramps/jumps/obstacles

D. Obstacle course
- self explanatory
- could link to any of the previous ideas

Been thinking of wom racetrack a while now, in style of townsville subway. Without flying tho, and more turns and elevation changes.
As for the obstacle course, I had one underway in cityville, but it was pre-crash. Dunno does the backup have it.

sweet man, i made one on our old desert map underground, it wasn't very big though (BUT IT HAD FLAMEING DOLPHINS OMG), i'm glad someone picked this up..
you could convert the actual townsville subway for it, couldn't you?
avatar
Moufisto


Posts : 920
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 25
Location : Eric's pants.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Frogger409 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:55 am

Awwww. DUNES. I remember those dolphins Q_Q



EDIT: Also, when I said to post if you wanted to help, I meant, whoever wants to help, let me know.



Btw, I was the first to build on dunes.... kekeke~
avatar
Frogger409



Posts : 386
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 20
Location : Wisconsin, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Moufisto on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 am

Frogger409 wrote:Awwww. DUNES. I remember those dolphins Q_Q



EDIT: Also, when I said to post if you wanted to help, I meant, whoever wants to help, let me know.



Btw, I was the first to build on dunes.... kekeke~

mah bad ;D

lol took its virginity.
It used to be the cool spot.

Must be you who made it as such Surprised
avatar
Moufisto


Posts : 920
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 25
Location : Eric's pants.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Snowy on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:32 am

Hey I loved Dunes too! It became my home for the very long time I was Mason :3
avatar
Snowy


Posts : 357
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 18
Location : Hyrule

View user profile http://www.allinthemined.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Sloth5950 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 am

I guess I win? sure Frogger i'll help ya
avatar
Sloth5950

Posts : 189
Join date : 2010-12-24
Age : 20
Location : Sloth Haven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Ericrb on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:07 pm

I'm gonna sit back and enjoy.
avatar
Ericrb



Posts : 1289
Join date : 2010-12-24
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  SirDoom on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Moufisto wrote:
SirDoom wrote:
Moufisto wrote:Alright, it's time for some entertainment.
A. Race track
- different terrains,
- city race tracks
- WoM Client required.
- no cars required to be made, but could do as detail for the project
- ramps/jumps/obstacles

D. Obstacle course
- self explanatory
- could link to any of the previous ideas

Been thinking of wom racetrack a while now, in style of townsville subway. Without flying tho, and more turns and elevation changes.
As for the obstacle course, I had one underway in cityville, but it was pre-crash. Dunno does the backup have it.

sweet man, i made one on our old desert map underground, it wasn't very big though (BUT IT HAD FLAMEING DOLPHINS OMG), i'm glad someone picked this up..
you could convert the actual townsville subway for it, couldn't you?

I might try something during the holidays.
avatar
SirDoom


Posts : 588
Join date : 2011-07-18
Location : Stuck here on snakes way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  SirDoom on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Racetrack begun. Taking design suggestions. Help welcome too.
Suggestions containing word "nascar" won't be taken seriously.
avatar
SirDoom


Posts : 588
Join date : 2011-07-18
Location : Stuck here on snakes way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  lightning_po on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:20 pm

I have set up a spleef arena, with 3 floors each 65x65 , but with the first floor having a zoned 32x32 area that can be turned into a tournament board, as well as a 9x9 sudden death (that could also be used for memory game?). We tested it for the first time today and it seemed to be a pretty good success.

It came to my attention that while we have some concrete tournament rules, we have no actual free for all rules. The current idea of free for all is 3 65x65 boards that many people can play on. Once you fall through, thats a life lost, go to next round. thats really as far as we've gotten on rules for free for all.

Tournament Rules :

Board Specifications (referee responsible)
Must use 32x32 center board, the rest of the FFA bedrock and the lower levels zoned (they are all marked).
Must use Logs for Tournament board untill the final match, in which case, use glass. It makes it harder to play and funner to watch.
Must create 1 block high wall around edge of tournament board out of bedrock

1. Contestants get on either corner , and a 5 second /timer is used (or countdown if expert+ not available).

2. Contestants may build, but nothing more than replacing floor to move. (If they want to spend time fixing large portions of the board 1 block at a time, fine, but its probably not a good strategy.)

3. Contestants CANNOT USE HACKS on WOM or otherwise.

4. If a contestant leaves in the middle of the tournament, his match will be put as the last fight of that round of the tournament. If he fails to show by the time the fight is supposed to start, their opponent wins by default, and advances in the tournament.

5. Spectators must be either on the bedrock surrounding the match or in the stands. NOBODY is allowed to "spectate" from the floor BELOW the spleef floor. (prevents siblings/friends from helping cheaters).

This is about as many rules as I could think of, If needed, this rules list can be changed.

I still need help as how the rest of the arena can be utilized.
avatar
lightning_po



Posts : 177
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 26
Location : San Diego, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spleef arena rules

Post  saven on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Methinks that when doing three life spleef, if you are the winner of a previous floor you should be able to keep that life for later use. For example say you are the winner of the top two floors, its unfair that if you die for the first time on the third floor your out. I think you should get to keep those lifes from the wins on the higher floors. If you did this it would prevent some people sucking completely winning on the third floor even though they died first on the first two floors.

saven

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  lightning_po on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 pm

my thing with that is, how would you enforce how many lives they had left?
avatar
lightning_po



Posts : 177
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 26
Location : San Diego, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Moufisto on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:25 am

saven wrote:Methinks that when doing three life spleef, if you are the winner of a previous floor you should be able to keep that life for later use. For example say you are the winner of the top two floors, its unfair that if you die for the first time on the third floor your out. I think you should get to keep those lifes from the wins on the higher floors. If you did this it would prevent some people sucking completely winning on the third floor even though they died first on the first two floors.

Kill and continue to the next opponent.
I'm with po there, it'd be too hard to track.
I was just about to suggest a "lives per level" sorta theme, but it probably wouldn't work even then.

Also, Po, great work :3 now we need people to play
avatar
Moufisto


Posts : 920
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 25
Location : Eric's pants.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

enforcing it

Post  saven on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:00 pm

keep the winner of each round in a list or some such thing?then you could have the winners watched by judges or something and when they die they lose a life?

saven

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  name_no on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:19 pm

I. liek. Letter. D! The obstacle course could contain a crap load of obstacles... like going through lava, maze and climbing... Well, that's just some. It could be a tournament, 2 people playing at once. The map would would be not too big. Hacks should be off at all times, no breaking or placing blocks. Maybe a referee to spectate and comment. So that would be AWESOME if there was an obstacle course map Smile Thank you guys or listening to my idea Very Happy
avatar
name_no

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 23
Location : Your gutter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  lightning_po on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:02 pm

saven wrote:keep the winner of each round in a list or some such thing?then you could have the winners watched by judges or something and when they die they lose a life?

Such a list would have to be either hand-written by ref, or coded into the game. Even if someone were to manually write out a list, how would you keep track of 10+ people (we had 9 on the first day, so its not an impossible number) on up to 3 different levels? One person would be run ragged even with WOM. Maybe we could utilize /freeze somehow? I don't know.
avatar
lightning_po



Posts : 177
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 26
Location : San Diego, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

HIDE AND SEEK!!!

Post  invaderpopz on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:57 pm

I LIKE TO PLAY HIDE AND SEEK!!!
avatar
invaderpopz

Posts : 252
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Moufisto on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:44 pm

invaderpopz wrote:I LIKE TO PLAY HIDE AND SEEK!!!

that is a good game.

I remember when we used to play 'get to the other side of the island without the tagger noticing you' otherwise known as british bulldogs here,
but i'm not sure we play that anymore.. Surprised
avatar
Moufisto


Posts : 920
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 25
Location : Eric's pants.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Snowy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Woo I remember that Wink
avatar
Snowy


Posts : 357
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 18
Location : Hyrule

View user profile http://www.allinthemined.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

SOUNDS FUN!

Post  invaderpopz on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

we should play that sometime!!! Very Happy
avatar
invaderpopz

Posts : 252
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  name_no on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Just asking, have the maps been created yet? I can't go on the server to check.
avatar
name_no

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 23
Location : Your gutter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Frogger409 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 am

Lol, Mou, I remember that as well. xD I had plenty of fun playing that.
avatar
Frogger409



Posts : 386
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 20
Location : Wisconsin, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Projects and Games

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum